gImageReader is a simple PyGtk front-end to tesseract.
- Allows the user to select the part of the image they want to be
recognized or directly recognize the entire image.
- Supports PDF documents.
- Allows the user to acquire images from scanning devices.
- Recognized text displayed directly next to the image.
- Basic editing of output text, including search/replace and removing line
breaks on selected text.
- Spellcheck enabled for the selected language in the output textfield if
corresponding dictionary installed (requires GTKSpell).
- User is prompted to install missing spellcheck languages
(requires PackageKit or apt-file).
- Easily switch between multiple open files.
- Attempts to automatically detect all necessary programs, otherwise shows
a configuration prompt to the user.