Ophcrack is a Windows password cracker based on rainbow tables. It is a very efficient implementation of rainbow tables done by the inventors of the method. It includes command line and (QT) graphical user interfaces and runs on Windows, Mac OS X (Intel CPU) as well as on Linux.
* Runs on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X (Intel). CLI or GUI available.
* Cracks LM and NTLM hashes.
* Free tables available for alphanumeric LM hashes, Windows XP and Vista.
* Brute-force module for simple passwords.
* Loads hashes from local SAM, remote SAM.
* Loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition, Vista included
* Includes bkhive and samdump2
See also: http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/tables.php for additional tables to be installed in /usr/share/ophcrack/(10000 or 5000) as well. Further support is available at http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/forum/