Fast, light-weight proxy for memcached and Redis
Nutcracker, also known as twemproxy (pronounced "two-em-proxy"), is a fast and lightweight proxy for the memcached and Redis protocols. It was primarily built to reduce the connection count on backend caching servers, but it has a number of features, such as:
* Maintains persistent server connections to backend servers.
* Enables pipelining of requests and responses.
* Supports multiple server pools simultaneously.
* Shard data automatically across multiple servers.
* Supports multiple hashing modes including consistent hashing and
* High-availability by disabling nodes on failures.
* Observability through stats exposed on stats monitoring port.