RWT (Run With This) provides on-demand dependency resolution
RWT (Run With This) provides on-demand dependency resolution.
* Allows declaration of dependencies at runtime.
* Downloads missing dependencies and makes their packages available for import.
* Installs packages to a special staging location such that they’re not installed after the process exits.
* Relies on pip to cache downloads of such packages for reuse.
* Supersedes installed packages when required.
* Re-uses the pip tool chain for package installation and pkg_resources for working set management.
RWT is not intended to solve production dependency management, but does aim to address the other, one-off scenarios around dependency management:
* build setup
* test runners
* just in time script running
* interactive development
RWT is a compliment to Pip and Virtualenv and Setuptools, intended to more readily address the on-demand needs and supersede some features like setup_requires.