A simple graphical tool to crop the pages of PDF files
krop is a simple graphical tool to crop the pages of PDF files.
• The functionality of krop is perhaps best indicated by some screenshots.
• krop should work on any recent Linux distribution, see how to install krop.
I don't know if krop can be used on Windows or Mac after a sufficient amount
of tinkering: please let me know in case you succeed.
• It is written in Python and relies on PyQT, python-poppler-qt4 and pyPdf
or PyPDF2 for its functionality.
• It is free software, released under GPLv3+ in the sole hope that you or
someone else may find it useful.
• A unique feature of krop, at least to my knowledge, is its ability to
automatically split pages into subpages to fit the limited screensize of
devices such as eReaders. This is particularly useful, if your eReader does
not support convenient scrolling. (In fact, I wrote krop to be able to read
mathematical papers on my Nook.)
• Possible alternatives to krop include PDF-Shuffler and briss.
• Please report bugs to email@example.com.
Patches with improvements would, of course, be wonderful.