Cantata is a (yet another!) client for the music player daemon (MPD). Originally started as a fork of QtMPC, the code is now *very* different. To be true to QtMPCs origins, Cantata can be compiled with KDE support, or as a pure Qt4 application (however, note that this is not fully tested). The interface is very configurable - most views can be shown as either a list or tree structure.
Currently Cantata has the following views:
1. Library - sorted as Album Artist (or Artist if Album Artist not set), Album, and finally Track.
2. Albums - displays albums as icons, sorted by their title.
3. Folders - displays MPDs virtual filesystem. (This view is hidden by default)
5. Dynamic - dynamic playlists
6. Streams - allows saving of internet radio URLs
8. Info - if compiled with WebKit, displays artist/album information from wikipedia
9. Server Info - shows MPDs statistics. (This view is hidden by default)
10. Devices - enables copying from/to USB-Mass-Storage (UMS) and MTP devices. (KDE build only)
The sidebar has a context menu, allowing you to control its style and what items are shown.
See http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/Client:Cantata for more information.