Worker is a file manager for X-Window on UNIX.
The dirs and files are shown in two independent panels (similar to Midnight Commander). This version built with avfs support.
Worker is free software released under the GNU General Public License V2 or later.
- requires only the X11 libraries, so it's fast and runs on many platforms
- built-in configuration GUI
- support for a virtual file system to enter archives, ftp sites, ...
Archives currently supported: tar/tgz/tbz, gzip, bzip2, zip, rar, ar and more from the extfs from Midnight Commander (lha, zoo, rpm, iso9660, diff, arj, cpio, ...) Additionally it's possible to access servers using ssh, rsh, ftp, http and webdav.
- many built-in functions like:
copy files, move files
and many more...
- assign any external command to buttons, hotkeys or filetypes (e.g. gimp, tar, diff, mount, ...)
- UTF8 support