Back in the early days of the web there was this wonderful Perl library
called CGI, many people only learned Perl because of it. It was simple
enough to get started without knowing much about the language and powerful
enough to keep you going, learning by doing was much fun. While most of
the techniques used are outdated now, the idea behind it is not.
Mojolicious is a new attempt at implementing this idea using state of the
* An amazing MVC web framework supporting a simplified single file mode
* Powerful out of the box with RESTful routes, plugins, Perl-ish templates,
session management, signed cookies, testing framework, static file server,
I18N, first class unicode support and much more for you to discover.
* Very clean, portable and Object Oriented pure Perl API without any
hidden magic and no requirements besides Perl 5.8.7.
* Full stack HTTP 1.1 and WebSocket client/server implementation with TLS,
Bonjour, IDNA, Comet (long polling), chunking and multipart support.
* Builtin async IO web server supporting epoll, kqueue, UNIX domain
sockets and hot deployment, perfect for embedding.
* Automatic CGI, FastCGI and PSGI detection.
* JSON and XML/HTML5 parser with CSS3 selector support.
* Fresh code based upon years of experience developing Catalyst.
For more documentation see Mojolicious::Guides and the tutorial in