A lightweight pure C WebSockets library.
A lightweight pure C library built to use minimal CPU and memory resources, and provide fast throughput in both directions.
* Provides server and client APIs for v13 websocket protocol, along with http[s] serving
* Can be configured to use OpenSSL or CyaSSL to provide fully encrypted client and server links including client certificate support
* It's a full autotools and optionally CMake based project that has been used in a variety of OS contexts including Linux (uclibc and glibc), ARM-based embedded boards, MIPS / OpenWRT, Windows, Android, Apple iOS and even Tivo.
* It includes a stub webserver that is enough to deliver your scripts to the browser that open websocket connections back to the same server, so it can solve the entire server side, ws://, wss://, http:// and https:// in one step. Apache, Java or any other server-side support is not needed.
* Chrome 37 and Firefox 40 are supported, including the webkit websocket compression extension.
* Architectural features like zero-copy for payload data and FSM-based protocol parsers make it ideal for realtime operation on resource-constrained devices
* Websocket + HTTP serving for ARM: code + data + bss combined is under 15K, plus 12K at init to support up to 1024 fds, and 112 bytes per connection... minimal single client case in < 35KBytes total including library footprint
* Valgrind-clean, reliable and robust
* It's licensed under LGPL2 + static link exception