Galera Cluster for MySQL
MySQL/Galera is synchronous multi-master cluster for MySQL/InnoDB database, having features like:
- Synchronous replication
- Active-active multi-master topology
- Read and write to any cluster node
- Automatic membership control, failed nodes drop from the cluster
- Automatic node joining
- True parallel replication, on row level
- Direct client connections, native MySQL look & feel
These features yield un-seen benefits for a DBMS clustering solution:
- No slave lag
- No lost transactions
- Both read and write scalability
- Smaller client latencies
MySQL/Galera cluster uses Galera library for the replication implementation. To interface with Galera replication, we have enhanced MySQL server to support replication API definition in the wsrep API project.
The implementation of the replication API in MySQL server , happens in open source project: MySQL-wsrep.