FeatherCoin is a fork of Litecoin using its latest build.
One of Litecoin’s biggest advantages is the Scrypt-based hashing algorithm. This offers a different solution to Bitcoin, while still being able to run on GPUs. There are many Bitcoin forks using the original hashing algorithm, but with the advent of ASIC mining hardware, we are starting to see how much trouble they can cause. ASIC mining hardware is expensive, but outperforms GPU hardware and will eventually make GPU Bitcoin mining redundant. Scrypt based crypto currency is safe guarded from the effects of ASIC mining.
Feathercoin had an initial block reward of 200 coins and will have a total of 336 million coins. This makes it four times that of LiteCoin, this is the same position that LiteCoin was set against BitCoin.
* Default port is 9336 - Forwarding this port can help if you have connection problems
* Default RPC port is 9337 - This is the port is point your miners towards if solo mining
* 1 minute block target (2.5 minutes until block 204,639 ETA 2014-04-24)
* difficulty retarget in every block (504 blocks until 2014-04-24)
* 9% maximum change on difficulty retarget (41.4% until 2014-04-24)
* Block reward halves every 2100000 blocks (200 FTC until 2014-04-24, then 80 FTC)
Please donate to package maintainer: 6oatW3gwaccgQBZwMP7PWSBKwt8fkquPjr