Python command-line parsing library
The argparse module provides an easy, declarative interface for creating command line tools, which knows how to:
- parse the arguments and flags from sys.argv;
- convert arg strings into objects for your program;
- format and print informative help messages;
- and much more...
The argparse module improves on the standard library optparse module in a number of ways including:
- handling positional arguments;
- supporting sub-commands;
- allowing alternative option prefixes like + and /;
- handling zero-or-more and one-or-more style arguments;
- producing more informative usage messages;
- providing a much simpler interface for custom types and actions.