User space File System
This package is based on the package 'fuse' from project 'openSUSE:11.3'.
With FUSE, a user space program can export a file system through the
kernel-default (Linux kernel).
User space file systems which are implemented using FUSE are provided
by the following packages:
- curlftpfs (mount FTP servers),
- encfs (layered file encryption),
- fuseiso (mount iso, img, bin, mdf and nrg CD-ROM images),
- fusepod (mount iPods),
- fusesmb (mount a fully browseable network neighborhood),
- gphotofs (mount gphoto-supported cameras),
- ntfs-3g (mount NTFS volumes read-write),
- obexfs (mount of bluetooth devices),
- sshfs (mount over ssh),
- wdfs (mount of WebDAV shares)
This package contains the mount binaries for fuse (might not be needed
by some FUSE filesystems like ntfs-3g) and the documentation for FUSE.
After installing fuse-devel, administrators can compile and install
other user space file systems which can be found at