MTKBabel is a Perl program to operate the i-Blue 747 GPS data logger. It should work also with other GPS devices based on the MediaTek MTK chipset. It is free software released under the GPL license.
The main capabilities are:
* Command line interface
* Save data log in GPX and raw binary format
* If required retrieve all the data, also the old one being overlapped
* Change logging criteria: time, distance, speed
* Change log format
* START/STOP logging
* Set OVERLAP or STOP method on memory full
* Erase the internal memory
The program is written in Perl, and it was tested on Linux via USB connection. One goal is easy portability to C and small RAM footprint.