File ardour4.changes of Package ardour4
Sun Oct 18 08:34:29 UTC 2015 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 4.4
There are no 4.3 release
- Substantive Changes/Features/Fixes
- Fixed solo logic in deep ways. Most notably this prevents
various "stuck solo" problems, but also a number of other
issues with solo when using complex routing between tracks
- Fixed loop recording (inadvertently broken for several
- Added support for RF64 and MBWF audio file formats. These are
both 64 bit file formats, capable of recording impossibly
large amounts of audio. MBWF is the 64 bit version of
Broadcast WAV. .
- When using either format, if recorded files are smaller than
the RIFF (WAV) size limit, convert the header to RIFF so as
to be compatible with normal WAV-handling software.
- General Changes
- "Save As" will refuse to write to an existing folder/directory.
- "Save As" now defaults to the current session name as the
name of the new session, making it easier to add suffixes or
otherwise tweak the name.
- Allow export of loop range without actually looping.
- Improve CPU AVX support detection.
- Fixed locating to current wallclock time for large time
- Fixed an issue where if an audio region was locked and locked
to video, the audio-region always stayed put and the video
could only be moved forward.
- Fixed various potential issues at session closing.
- Improve error reporting from AudioEngine when trying to
configure audio hardware.
- Provide more details if a sessions fails to be created.
- Improve loading speed for large sessions (1000 tracks).
- Fixed a deadlock when removing tracks/busses and using JACK1.
- Prevent importing files with names like "Master" or "Click"
from causing session breakage. This also applies to attempts
to name tracks or busses with similar names.
- Ensure that correct audio is heard when region layering is
- Use a single consistent method for computing DSP load on all
platforms, with all backends.
- Avoid creating excessively short regions during Strip Silence
- Avoid possible endless loop while detecting silence.
- Reduce chances of a bug in the OS X locale libraries from
- Fixed duplication of multiple selected regions.
- Correctly and consistently initialize track/bus group
- Fixed crash during session region cleanup.
- Ensure identical XML in session files if the session does
not change, thus allowing tracking state changes in a
revision control system (e.g. git).
- Bring Ardour's Broadcast WAVE USID value into compliance with
- Fixed install on systems where using su(1) changes
- Fixed broken onset analysis.
- Refuse to load LV2 plugins if their buffer size requirements
cannot be satisfied.
- Do not list LV2 plugins that cannot be used because they
require a fixed blocksize.
- Generally improve handling of missing plugins so that
sessions are not damaged by the temporary unavailability of
- Fixed the position of cut/copy-and-pasted plugins.
- Fixed AudioUnit port count, which allows loading various
Native Instrument plugins such as Reaktor 5.
- Added command line option to completely disable plugins.
- Fixed handling of VST audioMasterPinConnected callback.
- Allow loading of huge (10MB) VST plugin state.
When describing keybindings below, "Primary" is used to
describe Control on Linux and Windows, and Command on OS X
- Fixed waveform display issues when changing waveform shape
from rectified to normal or vice versa.
- Added a reset option to the context menu for the shuttle
- Allow creation of new points on a region envelope by clicking
on the envelope line.
- Added column titles in the list of "Recent Sessions".
- Alter "Stop" button in the Audio/MIDI setup dialog to
function as a "Start/Stop" button, and remove the "Apply"
- Fixed issues where waveform display used the wrong data.
- Cancel button for Import dialog is now a Close button.
- Change OK button on Import dialog to "Import".
- Correctly display plugin parameter values when dragging
- Fixed log-scaled automation parameter display.
- Visually indicate regions waiting for their audio peak data
to be generated.
- Fixed inconsistent text sizing in the editing canvas.
- Added avoiding GPU rendering to preferences dialog. This is
helpful on some Linux systems with buggy video device
drivers. See Edit > Preferences > GUI > Disable Graphics
- Allow overriding lock-to-video when moving video or audio.
- Fixed drawing of short cross fades.
- Sort "Recent Sessions" by modification time.
- Don't try to split a region when dragging.
- Update Import dialog options when/if track selection changes.
- Fixed marker display after a marker is removed.
- When editing a clock display, swallow illlegal keys rather
than passing them onto the main window where they might have
some unintended effect.
- Primary-Shift-click on the solo lock button now applies to
all tracks/busses, consistent with Primary-Shift-click on
- Avoid a case where the color of selected text was the same as
the background, making it invisible.
- Correctly set waveform height when switching between stacked
and overlaid view modes.
- Make all entries in the track list context menu actually
- Fixed incorrect setting for "Import to Region List" on first
use of the import dialog.
- Avoid duplicate shortcut folders in file browsers.
- Drop the use of C++ fstreams to reduce issues with non-Latin
characters in filenames on Windows.
- Option to install without WASAPI support, which helps startup
on Windows 10.
- Close all files before Session > Cleanup, so that it can work
- Fixed MIDI Sysex I/O on Windows.
- Fixed issues with onset analysis on Windows.
- Added "Refresh Devices" button to the Audio/MIDI setup dialog
on Windows to pick up new
- Added a "None" device to the PortAudio backend, allowing
disabling either input or output, but not both.
- devices or external ASIO buffer size changes.
- Added an easy way to reset the click sound(s) to their
- The click sounds are now normalized to -6dBFS.
- Allow enabling/disabling of the click "emphasis" sound.
- MIDI Tracer window now shows MSB of appropriate messages.
- Fixed a subtle bug in ordering of MIDI events that caused
missing note-off messages.
- Highlight notes based on mouse position on track header
- Exclude MIDI CC parameters with no data from being displayed
when "Show Existing Automation" is chosen.
- Fixed issues with linked (cloned) MIDI regions on different
- Fixed issues with de-selecting MIDI notes.
- Handle a missing MIDI file without crashing.
- MIDI/Mackie Control Surfaces
- Save/restore generic MIDI control surface "motorized"
- New Mackie Control device files for configurations with
- A substantial amount of work has been done on Mackie Control
support. There is no simple summary that would describe all
the changes, but suffice it to say that (1) it works much
better (2) it is easier to get started (3) has been tested on
an even wider range of equipment.
Sun Sep 13 10:26:24 UTC 2015 - email@example.com
- update to 4.2
- General Changes
- Fix region brush drag
- Speed up removal of multiple tracks/busses
- Speed up solo operations applied to many tracks/busses
- Fix several bugs with reversible commands
- Try to avoid coincident tempo/meter markers when removing
- Improve window layering relationship between editor &
- Add keybindings for region layering (2ndary-9 (lower),
- Adjust some window keybindings. (2ndary-C is now the big
clock, 2ndary-B is the meterbridge, 2ndary-V is the video
- Fix swing quantization
- Fix pre-fader send mute-point so that input trim still works
when mute is engaged
- Add configuration variable for maximum shuttle speed
- Improve size and position of panner value displays
- Save auto loop range and more markers in session templates
- Mark session dirty after various region property changes
- No longer save session after adding tracks/busses
- Fix cleanup of any temporary files after export
- Fix looping when using loop-is-mode and seamless looping
- Add 176.4kHz to export sample rate list
- Fix unintentional limits on track name length
- Disk buffering is now defined by presets, with 3 possible
settings as well as custom
- When using loop-is-mode, enabling recording cancels loop
- Attempt to reconnect LTC ports after a backend change or
- Catch attempt to save a session with its current name as the
- Fix flickering of certain popup windows
- Indicate port-connections of non-track type on the mixer
strip output button.
(Previously a MIDI track with synth showed "—" for the output
even if the audio output ports were connected, because only
MIDI connections were displayed on the button).
- Avoid crashing when cleanup unused sources
- Fix various issues when deleting midi region during step-edit
- Stationary playhead implies follow playhead, so make it so.
- improve performance and reduce visual jitter when using
- Add new configuration parameter for the default meter type to
use with new tracks/busses
- Add context menu to hide/show Midi-tracks — fixes #6430
- Use “1” as the small-step size when incrementing/decrementing
- Use power of 2 log-scale for logarithmic controls/parameters.
- Remove insanely fast meter fall-off (this gave an inaccurate
view of meter levels)
- Fix solo isolate implementation to handle more complex
- Remove “Refresh” button in Plugin manager;
use Preferences > Plugins
- Fix auditioning on systems with larger disk read chunk sizes.
- Do not crash if taglib cannot open a file
- Fix state restoration in Audio/MIDI setup
- Fix auditioning of audio at very different sample rates
- Fix loss of variable amounts of final audio when importing
from files with different sample rate than Ardour is using.
- For AU and VST plugins, differentiate between "scanning" for
plugins (which checks that known plugins are still
installed), and "discovery" (which potentially finds new
plugins on the computer).
- Offer to discover (all) plugins at first start
- Fix LV2 freewheeling support
- Correctly inform LV2 plugins of entire possible block size
range (fixes some LV2 plugins which rely on this being
- Fix audio buffering for VST plugins (fixes lack of output or
phased output from a variety of VST plugins)
- With AU plugins, ensure that the plugin settings are used
during plugin signal processing analysis
- For AU plugins, when given a choice of picking any channel
output count, choose stereo (not the master bus output count)
- VST cache is now per user and per architecture (no longer
system-wide) — this allows parallel installs of 32 &
- By some unexplained magic, various AU plugins now load
without crashing (notably several from Native Instruments
such as Kontakt)
- Add optional verbose option for VST plugin scanning
- Automation Editing
- Add undo/redo for touch mode and write mode
- Selection and undo/redo behaviour when choosing control
- Display selected control points in region gain lines
- Display selected points in internal edit mode
- Allow dragging of region gain lines in internal edit mode
- Make automation line / gain line cursors consistent.
- Clicking an automation track line without a move adds a point
on the line.
- Fix line drag crash
- Possible fix for stack overflow when parsing video info
- Fix ability to connect to Harvid on systems lacking
"localhost" (even though this is specified as part of IPv4
and IPv6). Examples: Chromebooks and some OS X systems.
- Fix video-metadata for Windows.
- Add in MXF file as a supported video format
- Allow to select video-files regardless of file ext.
- MIDI/Mackie Control Surfaces
- Move learned midi binding reload after midi map load
- Add a midimap for using a WiiMote via midikb.
- Fixed generic MIDI program change event size to two bytes
- Fixed pitchbend use in toggle mode so that it switches on/off
at half way (fixes #6424)
- Allow any one midi event to control only one thing.
- Make program change message turn toggle controls on/off, and
set other controls to 1.
- Add support for 4 common types of encoders. Encoders are
devices which use MIDI messages to send incremental rather
than absolute position.
- Make Mackie Control MasterPosition match MIDI port number.
Thu Jun 25 16:13:12 UTC 2015 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 4.1
- New Functionality
- Input Gain Control
- Playback- or Capture-only device support for ALSA & Coreaudio
- Save As
- Windows assembler metering support.
- Click-free changes to processor order and meter position
- User Interface Changes
- Waveform rendering
- Stationary playhead option
- Layering: later is higher
- hi-DPI support, part one
- hi-DPI support, part two
- Relative snap
- X-run counter in status bar
- Plugin parameter reset button
- Allow deletion of MIDI Program Changes using the Delete key
- Peak meters now have sample-accurate fall-off, no visual
- Automation-lane log-scale parameter support
- New 0dBFS peak meter
- Tap tempo
- Remove time
- No more x-runs & noise on session-open/close
- Fix stuck midi notes during save/auto-save
- Fix stuck midi notes if loop-range is present
- Various MCP improvements & tweaks
- Properly display JACK buffersize
- Fix importing old A2/A3 automation
- Fix Non Session Manager support
- VST plugins are now searched for using a case insensitive
comparison of their filename extension
- Relax gain/fader LPF to 25Hz (was 10Hz)
- Fix monitor-section polarity invert
- Fix crash when switching backends.
Sun Apr 19 17:42:28 UTC 2015 - email@example.com
- initial version 4.0