File README.SUSE of Package openssh
There are following changes in default settings of ssh client and server:
* Accepting and sending of locale environment variables in protocol 2 is
* PAM authentication is enabled and mostly even required, do not turn it off.
* root authentiation with password is enabled by default (PermitRootLogin yes).
NOTE: this has security implications and is only done in order to not change
behaviour of the server in an update. We strongly suggest setting this option
either "prohibit-password" or even better to "no" (which disables direct
remote root login entirely).
* DSA authentication is enabled by default for maximum compatibility.
NOTE: do not use DSA authentication since it is being phased out for a reason
- the size of DSA keys is limited by the standard to 1024 bits which cannot
be considered safe any more.
* Accepting all RFC4419 specified DH group parameters. See KexDHMin in
ssh_config and sshd_config manual pages.
For more information on differences in SUSE OpenSSH package see README.FIPS