File _patchinfo of Package patchinfo.6539
<issue id="1000519" tracker="bnc">after changing icons, some icons remain same even after re-login</issue>
<issue id="1026970" tracker="bnc">KDE4 applications use wrong fonts by default</issue>
<issue id="1022904" tracker="bnc">Plasma folderview containment does not prompt when executing files</issue>
<issue id="1006651" tracker="bnc">Blurry text on scaled display</issue>
<issue id="1022119" tracker="bnc">"Move To Current Desktop" move the window to all desktops</issue>
<issue id="1020020" tracker="bnc">systemload applet does not show CPU/memory tooltip information</issue>
<issue id="1005902" tracker="bnc">knode - thread indicator arrow isn't correctly placed</issue>
This update contains KDE Plasma 5.8.6, a general bugfix release.
The following components were updated:
breeze, discover, kde-user-manager, kiconthemes, kwin5, plasma5-SLE, plasma5-addons, plasma5-desktop, plasma5-pa,
The upstream announcements are available here:
Changes in breeze:
* Add top_left_arrow cursor symlinks.
* Delay init of Wayland setup till next event cycle.
* Fix broken kcfgc files.
Changes in discover:
* Improve YaST integration and UI functionality.
* Fix arguments when running .desktop files with runservice.
* Make sure we report changes in the size once advertised.
* AppStream: Take stock icons into account.
* Enable full screenshot smoothness.
* Don't close if the input is wrong.
* Display an error if input URL was malformed.
* Expose software-properties-kde if present.
* Make sure the application delegate doesn't overflow when the view is narrow.
* Elide category names when they're too big.
* Move ifdefs to Discover instead of modifying Appstream.
* Make it possible for 5.8 to compile against the last AppStreamQt.
* Make screenshots visible when there's only one screenshot too.
Changes in kde-user-manager:
* Hide "automatic login" button in UserAccounts since is does absolutely nothing.
* Revert "Do not ask for root permissions when it's unnecessary".
Changes in kiconthemes:
* Make icons sharper (not blurry) with non-integer scale factors. (boo#1006651, kde#366451)
* Make running applications detect changing the configured icon theme and as a result not adding wrong icons to the
cache. (boo#1000519, kde#365363)
Changes in kwin5:
* Avoid a crash on Kwin decoration KCM teardown.
* Support modifier-only-shortcuts when capslock is on.
* Translate the layout name when passing to layout change OSD.
* Fixed initial graying out options in Cube Effect settings.
* [TabBox] Remember current model index on SwitcherItem model set.
* Align configure button consistently across delegates.
* Fix AbstractClient::sizeForClientSize.
* Ensure that all Effects honour the grab roles correctly.
* Unpolish QStyle on QApp prior to destroying internal Wayland connection.
* [helpers/killer] Force to platform XCB.
* Simplify the window title passed in from the window system.
* [desktopgrid] Don't manipulate virtual desktop of desktop window.
* Invert the scroll direction for wheel events on internal windows.
* Internal windows cannot be minimized.
* [libinput] Add scroll method configuration support.
* [libinput] Add natural scrolling support.
* [libinput] Add middle mouse button emulation support.
* Don't snap to auto-hidden panels.
* [scripting] Silence unused variable warnings.
* [scripting] Fix export of WorkspaceWrapper in QtScript.
* Support for workspace.clientList() in declarative script.
* Correctly set i18n suffix in mousemark spinbox.
Changes in plasma5-SLE:
* Add default fonts to /etc/xdg/kdeglobals to make KDE4 applications use the Plasma5 fonts as well
(same as set by plasma5-integration). (boo#1026970)
* Increase contrast on splash/images/bulb.png to get rid of noise and visible edges.
Changes in plasma5-addons:
* Fix systemloadviewer tooltip. (boo#1020020, kde#129309)
* Use PlasmaComponents.Label instead of Text. (kde#372218)
* Check on current comic to be valid and don't crash on invalid config groups when asked. Also, disable the
context menu options when no valid comic is loaded. (kde#373031)
Changes in plasma5-desktop:
* Fix default font in fonts kcm.
* Use icon center for vertical hitscan on drop.
* Remove get new looks button from 5.8.
* Fix crash when invoking Present Windows with the group dialog open.
* [Folder View] Don't show script execution prompt on desktop:/.
* Use proper version for baloo.
* [Solid Device Actions KCM] Encode action file name.
* Revamp (Activity) Pager wheel handling.
* [Folder View] show script execution prompt when clicking item.
* Fix startup warning.
* Fix clearing selection when rectangle selection contains no items.
* Fix Plasmoid.busy visualization in desktop containment.
* Call correct function and fix warning.
* [Task Manager] Hide group dialog when opening applets settings.
* [kcm] Fix reset logic.
* Silence warning.
* Fix crash during crash acrobatics.
* Fix binding loop.
* [Folder View] Fix right click erroneously opening files.
* Clean up after a window delegate drag exits the window.
* Fix Enter/Return not running non-dir items in list view mode.
* Set current index to start of selection range when performing rectangle selection.
* [Panel Containment] Explicitly bind visible on both the container and the applet.
* [Task Manager] Parent QAction to "parent" instead of this.
* [Containment Appearance] Make sure to always load a config view.
* Don't clear hover state while a child dialog is open.
* Prompt for executing files in folderview containment. (boo#1022904)
* Prevent folderview from opening files erroneously in addition to showing the context menu when right-clicking
on an icon.
* [Folder View] Workaround QML Text layouting glitch.
* [Kicker] Support drag from bookmarks runner.
* Larger icons and stack windows above label item.
* Ensure results are sorted by relevance.
* [taskmanager] Limit GroupDialog size, stop highlightwindow effect when it shown, increase items readability.
* Fix 2 RTL bugs.
* [Kicker] Hide "Edit Applications..." context menu entry if system immutable.
* Fix running of recent docs actions for runner match entries.
* [Folder View] Clear hover state when mouse leaves view.
* Select correct index without timer.
* Fix "Move to Current Desktop" action moving to all desktops instead.
* Check whether the KServe is still valid before running.
* Publish delegate geometry when ChildCount increases.
* Fix config dialogs in ltr mode.
* [Task Manager] Strip application:// prefix before looking up service.
* [Task Manager] Pass local file to KService instead of stringified URL.
* [Task Manager] Fix Unity launcher count badge rendering when task is created.
Changes in plasma5-pa:
* Always check if context is valid when calling pa functions.
* VolumeSlider: Ignore all value changes until Component is completed.
* Fix compare for undefined argument in playFeedback().
* Pass correct index to playFeedback.
* Applet: Don't delete delegates while drag is active.
Changes in plasma5-session:
* Only require version 5.8.6 of packages that actually changed.
Changes in plasma5-workspace:
* Port to QMultiHash.
* Only remove + announce if leader change actually occured, avoid excessive loop.
* [Notifications] Never manually hide() the NotificationPopup.
* Add comment laying out goals.
* Fix crash when switching activities.
* Tweak alphabetic (default) sort behavior.
* Turn the NotificationItem in a MouseArea.
* [DesktopView] show() ConfigView when it is already opened.
* [System Tray Containment] Drop useless Q_INVOKABLE from .cpp file.
* [System Tray Containment] Ungrab mouse before opening context menu.
* [KRunner] In doubt use primary screen for view position.
* Drop legacy fixup rule for VirtualBox.
* Fix isOutputRedundant logic.
* Fix group parents not appearing when disabling inline grouping.
* Corona::screenGeometryChanged on qscreen resized.
* MediaController: Update position while queuedPositionUpdate timer is running.
* Better clean up of duplicate containments.
* Fix "Pinned Chrome disappears when all Chrome windows are closed".
* [MPRIS Data Engine] Don't crash if "Metadata" is a map but of wrong type.
* Systray: Move all icon resolution to dataengine.
* Use a native event filter to notice the screen was swapped.
* Notice when the only screen changes.
* Make sure applet is removed from stack when destroyed.
* [Lock Screen] Wrap OSD in its own ColorScope.
* Move updating of primary screen in screenpool after fetching its id.
* Calendar: Clear selection on opening.
* Fix "Unable to assign [undefined] to int" log.
* Refresh the ScreenGeometry data role whenever a screen is added or changes its geometry.
* systemtray: Don't propagate unhandled wheel events.
* [Lock Screen] Add keyboard icon for keyboard layout switcher.
* remove categories not present on server anymore.
* Select correct index without timer.
* Expose rowCount as data role in TaskGroupingProxyModel.
* [taskmanagerrulesrc] Add Rewrite Rule for chromium.
* [SDDM Theme] Fix background in qmlscene by providing proper config dummy data.
* [SDDM Theme] Add "lastUser" and "disableAvatarsThreshold" properties to dummydata.
* [SDDM Theme] Remember last username.
* [taskmanagerrulesrc] Add Rewrite Rule for chromium-browser.
* Fix config dialogs in ltr mode.
* Properly parse exec line before qprocessing it for autostart.
* Disable Qt's high DPI scaling on shutdown/switch user dialogs.
* Don't set PanelView visibilty when opening/closing config.
* Check KPluginInfo.service() returns a valid object.
* Revert "Port to new plasma-framework API".
* Add plasma-discover to mappings.
* [Windowed Widgets Runner] Don't access invalid KPluginMetaData.
* Load screenpool at the same time as we connect to screenchanged signals.
* Avoid connecting to screen changed signals twice.
* Sync app config in sync with applets config.
* Make sure all outputs are known.
* [taskmanagerrulesrc] Add Rewrite Rule for Google-chrome.
* [XWindowTasksModel] Check for service being empty before searching new ones.
* Fix behavior of scrollable systray popups.
* Introduce new pre-layout script hook.
* Make sure we're looking both for json and desktop metadata.
* Port to new plasma-framework API.
* Modified distance function to keep aspect ratio as close as possible.
<summary>Recommended update for KDE Plasma 5</summary>