File root-tail.spec of Package root-tail
# spec file for package root-tail (Version 1.2)
# Copyright (c) 2006 SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany.
# This file and all modifications and additions to the pristine
# package are under the same license as the package itself.
# Please submit bugfixes or comments via http://bugs.opensuse.org/
BuildRequires: xorg-x11 xorg-x11-devel
Summary: Print Text Directly to the X Window System Root Window
Tails a given file anywhere on your X Window System root window with a
transparent background. It is customizable with regards to font, color,
Mike Baker <email@example.com>
Marc Lehmann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
%patch0 -p1 -b .default-fontset
%patch1 -p1 -b .shade
make CFLAGS="$CFLAGS $RPM_OPT_FLAGS"
make "DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT" install
make "DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT" install.man
%doc README Changes
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
%changelog -n root-tail
* Sun Aug 06 2006 - email@example.com
- fix build with X.org 7.1
* Wed Jan 25 2006 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- converted neededforbuild to BuildRequires
* Mon Aug 09 2004 - email@example.com
- Update to 1.2 including:
o replaced default font by "*" to "ensure" some font is found.
o accept hexadecimal window ids, as does everybody else(?).
o made it compile with ansi-89-based compilers again.
o add hack to support nautilus (not very stable, nautilus should
either use extended window manager hints or __SWM_VROOT, as everybody
o do not initialize the window twice (fixes problems with multiple
o new option: -minspace.
o fixed seg fault if geometry is too short to fit a single line
o fix bug which became apparent if -no-filename or null
* Mon May 31 2004 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add patch to make shading customizable
* Tue Apr 13 2004 - email@example.com
- don't use just "fixed" as the default fontset, specify a proper
fontset by default (keeping the size and style of "fixed").
* Tue Apr 13 2004 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.1 with lots of improvements
* Wed Feb 25 2004 - email@example.com
- Update to 0.9:
o unsigned/fseek bug
o (root_window): New function. Return the real
root window, or the virtual one if any.
(InitWindow): Use it.
force_refresh): Clear the root-tail area, not the whole window.
(main_loop): Don't forget to redraw () the initial contents.
- Fix type-punning
* Thu Oct 16 2003 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don't build as root
- Better fix for the fseek unsignedness bug
- Rename to root-tail
* Mon Oct 06 2003 - email@example.com
- Cast unsigned int to long before calling fseek, fixing root-tail
on 64 bit platforms.
* Mon Sep 16 2002 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 0.2
* Wed Sep 04 2002 - email@example.com
- Remove Provides: roottail
* Wed Feb 14 2001 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Added a patch to exchange TAB with space (#6338)
* Tue Jan 02 2001 - email@example.com
- updated to newest version, 0.0.10
* Mon Nov 13 2000 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to newest version, 0.0.9
* Sun Nov 12 2000 - email@example.com
- updated to newest version, 0.0.8
* Wed May 17 2000 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group sorted
* Fri Apr 07 2000 - email@example.com
- added BuildRoot
* Mon Sep 13 1999 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- ran old prepare_spec on spec file to switch to new prepare_spec.
* Tue Sep 01 1998 - email@example.com
- added cleanup on SIGINT and SIGTERM
fixed race between update & expose
* Mon Aug 31 1998 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to use .c from mjb vers. 0.0.4B
* Tue Aug 25 1998 - email@example.com
- updated .c file and man-page / created Imakefile
* Thu Jun 18 1998 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- initial version