File NEWS-rsync-3.0.3 of Package rsync
NEWS for rsync 3.0.3 (29 Jun 2008)
Protocol: 30 (unchanged)
Changes since 3.0.2:
- Fixed a wildcard matching problem in the daemon when a module has
"use chroot" enabled.
- Fixed a crash bug in the hard-link code.
- Fixed the sending of xattr directory information when the code finds a
--link-dest or --copy-dest directory with unchanged xattrs -- the
destination directory now gets these unchanged xattrs properly applied.
- Fixed an xattr-sending glitch that could cause an "Internal abbrev"
- Fixed the combination of --xattrs and --backup.
- The generator no longer allows a '.' dir to be excluded by a daemon-
- Fixed deletion handling when copying a single, empty directory (with no
files) to a differently named, non-existent directory.
- Fixed the conversion of spaces into dashes in the %M log escape.
- Fixed several places in the code that were not returning the right
errno when a function failed.
- Fixed the backing up of a device or special file into a backup dir.
- Moved the setting of the socket options prior to the connect().
- If rsync exits in the middle of a --progress output, it now outputs a
newline to help prevent the progress line from being overwritten.
- Fixed a problem with how a destination path with a trailing slash or
a trailing dot-dir was compared against the daemon excludes.
- Fixed the sending of large (size > 16GB) files when talking to an older
rsync (protocols < 30): we now use a compatible block size limit.
- If a file's length is so huge that we overflow a checksum buffer count
(i.e. several hundred TB), warn the user and avoid sending an invalid
checksum struct over the wire.
- If a source arg is excluded, --relative no longer adds the excluded
arg's implied dirs to the transfer. This fix also made the exclude
check happen in the better place in the sending code.
- Use the overflow_exit() function for overflows, not out_of_memory().
- Improved the code to better handle a system that has only 32-bit file
- The rsyncd.conf manpage now consistently refers to the parameters in
the daemon config file as "parameters".
- The description of the --inplace option was improved.
- Added a new script in the support directory, deny-rsync, which allows
an admin to (temporarily) replace the rsync command with a script that
sends an error message to the remote client via the rsync protocol.
- Fixed a testcase failure if the tests are run as root and made some
- Improved the daemon tests, including checking module comments, the
listing of files, and the ensuring that daemon excludes can't affect
a dot-dir arg.
- Improved some build rules for those that build in a separate directory
from the source, including better install rules for the man pages, and
the fixing of a proto.h-tstamp rule that could make the binaries get
rebuild without cause.
- Improved the testsuite to work around a problem with some utilities
(e.g. cp -p & touch -r) rounding sub-second timestamps.
- Ensure that the early patches don't cause any generated-file hunks to
bleed-over into patches that follow.