File _patchinfo of Package patchinfo.907
<summary>xfce4-panel-plugin-weather: Update to version 0.8.2</summary>
<description>This update fixes the following issues for xfce4-panel-plugin-weather
- update to version 0.8.2 (bnc#735590)
- Migrate to libxfce4ui.
- Better handling of vertical and deskbar modes.
- Fix adjusting label text size to panel size.
- Fix scrollbox scroll direction in vertical mode.
- Major rewrite: Migrate to yr.no API instead of weather.com. The plugin now uses data from the Norwegian Meteorological Institute, which is a bit different and forced a redesign of the summary window and more logic for computing the values. This rewrite means the hassle with the expiring license keys is finally gone, and the plugin shouldn't stop working suddenly, as API changes are announced quite some time before they become active. Forecasts for up to 10 days are provided, depending on the location. The location is defined by latitude and longitude, the actual name is only used for presentation.
- Switch to the new GeoIP service at geoip.xfce.org, the old one has stopped working correctly quite some time ago.
- Automatically set system of measurement depending on the GeoIP country code.
- Fix wrong location search results
- Enlarge the search dialog. It's now capable of showing 10 or more results instead of only 2 or 3.
- Nice error message in summary window when no location was set or when there's no data available.
- Make left click toggle the forecast window.
- Optimized update intervals (downloading data and presentation). This should also fix update issues after suspend/resume.
- Add move label up/down buttons to config dialog.
- Add shortcuts to the widgets in the config dialog.
- Add shortcuts for accessing the notebook pages in the forecast window.
- Fix compilation warnings, possible null pointer errors, memory leaks, hardcoded values, make more strings translatable.
- show more information in panel plugin tooltip
- tooltip for location name in config dialog now shows latitude and longitude, or clearer instructions what to do
- fetch sunrise/sunset times via met.no webservice; this way we get moon phase, moonrise and moonset for free
- better handling of sanitizing location name
- correct texts in search dialog
- set text color on alternate cells in forecast table
- bump minimum requirements to Xfce 4.6
- build the plugin as a module
- fix many smaller bugs like uninitialized, unused variables etc
- reformat and cleanup source code, improve code quality
- translation updates
- lots of translations updates
- update liquid icon set to be complete
- improve sleet icons
- improve rain icons for darker panels
- correct symbol descriptions and add comments with explanations
- correct and improve liquid icons
- updated README with documentation from Xfce Goodies homepage
- add debugging code and instructions on how to debug in README
- add section about theming and icon sets in README
- remove code for now unsupported GTK/GLIB versions
- bump minimum requirements to match Xfce-4.8 (yes, they were needed before) and drop some legacy code
- fix ugly GDK_WINDOW assertion when opening the summary window
- clear scrollbox labels before updating conditions
- correct "Astrological data" to "Astronomical data"
- variable name fix for Solaris
- fix crash in summary window when something weird happens
- some more code refactoring, clean up and minor fixes
- updated description
- add dependency on exo-tools since exo-open is used
- specfile cleanup
- correct dependencies
- split off -lang subpackage</description>
<issue tracker="bnc" id="735590">xfce4 panel plugin weather doesn't fetch any weather data</issue>