File 1.cabal of Package ghc-network-transport
Copyright: Well-Typed LLP
Author: Duncan Coutts, Nicolas Wu, Edsko de Vries
Maintainer: Facundo Domínguez <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Synopsis: Network abstraction layer
Description: "Network.Transport" is a Network Abstraction Layer which provides
the following high-level concepts:
* Nodes in the network are represented by 'EndPoint's. These are
heavyweight stateful objects.
* Each 'EndPoint' has an 'EndPointAddress'.
* Connections can be established from one 'EndPoint' to another
using the 'EndPointAddress' of the remote end.
* The 'EndPointAddress' can be serialised and sent over the
network, where as 'EndPoint's and connections cannot.
* Connections between 'EndPoint's are unidirectional and lightweight.
* Outgoing messages are sent via a 'Connection' object that
represents the sending end of the connection.
* Incoming messages for /all/ of the incoming connections on
an 'EndPoint' are collected via a shared receive queue.
* In addition to incoming messages, 'EndPoint's are notified of
other 'Event's such as new connections or broken connections.
This design was heavily influenced by the design of the Common
Important design goals are:
* Connections should be lightweight: it should be no problem to
create thousands of connections between endpoints.
* Error handling is explicit: every function declares as part of
its type which errors it can return (no exceptions are thrown)
* Error handling is "abstract": errors that originate from
implementation specific problems (such as "no more sockets" in
the TCP implementation) get mapped to generic errors
("insufficient resources") at the Transport level.
This package provides the generic interface only; you will
probably also want to install at least one transport
Tested-With: GHC==7.6.3 GHC==7.8.4 GHC==7.10.3
Build-Depends: base >= 4.4 && < 5,
binary >= 0.5 && < 0.9,
bytestring >= 0.9 && < 0.11,
hashable >= 126.96.36.199 && < 1.3,
transformers >= 0.2 && < 0.6,
deepseq >= 1.0 && < 1.5
if impl(ghc < 7.6)
Build-Depends: ghc-prim >= 0.2 && < 0.4
GHC-Options: -Wall -fno-warn-unused-do-bind