The openSUSE 13.2 kernel was updated to receive various security and bugfixes.
The following security bugs were fixed:
- CVE-2015-8962: Double free vulnerability in the sg_common_write function in drivers/scsi/sg.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (memory corruption and system crash) by detaching a device during an SG_IO ioctl call (bnc#1010501).
- CVE-2015-8963: Race condition in kernel/events/core.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (use-after-free) by leveraging incorrect handling of an swevent data structure during a CPU unplug operation (bnc#1010502).
- CVE-2016-7042: The proc_keys_show function in security/keys/proc.c in the Linux kernel through 4.8.2, when the GNU Compiler Collection (gcc) stack protector is enabled, uses an incorrect buffer size for certain timeout data, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (stack memory corruption and panic) by reading the /proc/keys file (bnc#1004517).
- CVE-2016-7910: Use-after-free vulnerability in the disk_seqf_stop function in block/genhd.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to gain privileges by leveraging the execution of a certain stop operation even if the corresponding start operation had failed (bnc#1010716).
- CVE-2016-7911: Race condition in the get_task_ioprio function in block/ioprio.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (use-after-free) via a crafted ioprio_get system call (bnc#1010711).
- CVE-2016-7913: The xc2028_set_config function in drivers/media/tuners/tuner-xc2028.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (use-after-free) via vectors involving omission of the firmware name from a certain data structure (bnc#1010478).
- CVE-2016-7914: The assoc_array_insert_into_terminal_node function in lib/assoc_array.c in the Linux kernel did not check whether a slot is a leaf, which allowed local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory or cause a denial of service (invalid pointer dereference and out-of-bounds read) via an application that uses associative-array data structures, as demonstrated by the keyutils test suite (bnc#1010475).
- CVE-2016-7916: Race condition in the environ_read function in fs/proc/base.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory by reading a /proc/*/environ file during a process-setup time interval in which environment-variable copying is incomplete (bnc#1010467).
- CVE-2016-8633: drivers/firewire/net.c in the Linux kernel before 4.8.7, in certain unusual hardware configurations, allowed remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via crafted fragmented packets (bnc#1008833).
- CVE-2016-8646: The hash_accept function in crypto/algif_hash.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (OOPS) by attempting to trigger use of in-kernel hash algorithms for a socket that has received zero bytes of data (bnc#1010150).
- CVE-2016-8655: A race condition in the af_packet packet_set_ring function could be used by local attackers to crash the kernel or gain privileges (bsc#1012754).
- CVE-2016-9555: The sctp_sf_ootb function in net/sctp/sm_statefuns.c in the Linux kernel lacks chunk-length checking for the first chunk, which allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds slab access) or possibly have unspecified other impact via crafted SCTP data (bnc#1011685).
The following non-security bugs were fixed:
- bna: Add synchronization for tx ring (bsc#993739).
- bonding: set carrier off for devices created through netlink (bsc#999577).
- btrfs: fix extent tree corruption due to relocation (bsc#990384).
- introduce NETIF_F_GSO_ENCAP_ALL helper mask (bsc#1001486).
- ipv6: send NEWLINK on RA managed/otherconf changes (bsc#934067).
- ipv6: send only one NEWLINK when RA causes changes (bsc#934067).
- tunnels: Remove encapsulation offloads on decap (bsc#1001486).
- usbhid: add ATEN CS962 to list of quirky devices (bsc#1007615).
- vmxnet3: Wake queue from reset work (bsc#999907).
- Submitted by Jeff Mahoney (jeff_mahoney)
- Reboot is suggested