Update for timezone-java.openSUSE_13.1_Update an... recommended
This update provides the latest timezone information (2016b) for your system, including
the following changes:
- New zones Europe/Astrakhan and Europe/Ulyanovsk for Astrakhan and Ulyanovsk Oblasts,
Russia, both of which will switch from +03 to +04 on 2016-03-27 at 02:00 local time.
- New zone Asia/Barnaul for Altai Krai and Altai Republic, Russia, which will switch
from +06 to +07 on the same date and local time.
- Asia/Sakhalin moves from +10 to +11 on 2016-03-27 at 02:00.
- As a trial of a new system that needs less information to be made up, the new zones
use numeric time zone abbreviations like "+04" instead of invented abbreviations
- Haiti will not observe DST in 2016.
- Palestine's spring-forward transition on 2016-03-26 is at 01:00, not 00:00.
- tzselect's diagnostics and checking, and checktab.awk's checking, have been improved.
- tzselect now tests Julian-date TZ settings more accurately.
- Submitted by Andreas Stieger (AndreasStieger)