This update for libmspack fixes the following issues:
Security issues fixed:
- CVE-2018-18584: The CAB block input buffer was one byte too small for the maximal Quantum block, leading to an out-of-bounds write. (bsc#1113038)
- CVE-2018-18585: chmd_read_headers accepted a filename that has '\0' as its first or second character (such as the "/\0" name). (bsc#1113039)
- CVE-2018-18586: chmextract.c in the chmextract sample program did not protect against absolute/relative pathnames in CHM files, leading to Directory Traversal.
NOTE: the vendor disputes that this is a libmspack vulnerability, because chmextract.c was only intended as a source-code example, not a supported application. (boo#1113040)
- Fix off-by-one bounds check on CHM PMGI/PMGL chunk numbers and reject empty filenames.
- Submitted by Markéta Machová (mcalabkova)