Downloader and installer for the nVidia driver package (295.20)
Installing these packages can take a long time. These packages will automatically download the NVIDIA driver (+-50MB) from
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64 or http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86 and save it in /usr/src.
The driver and libraries will be installed after the download.
The installer will install the nVidia files the Bumblebee way. The libraries will NOT interfere with any other libraries of a distribution and will be installed in a seperate nvidia directory. Usage will be controlled by editing the ld.so.conf(.d) and/or using the "ModulePath" var in xorg.conf.
You can also download the NVIDIA package yourself and copy it to the /usr/src directory. The installer will then skip the download part and just install the driver and libraries the Bumblebee way.
These rpms can be used by normal and Optimus enabled nVidia systems.
New in this release:
* Fixed a bug that caused black areas to appear on the back faces of some models in Maya.
* Fixed a bug that resulted in the printing of spurious loader error messages.
* Fixed a bug that could cause X to crash after hotplugging displays.
* Fixed a bug which caused face selections to be misrendered in Maya when using the paint selection tool.
* Improved performance for interactive tools in Mudbox.
* Added a "--no-opengl-files" option to nvidia-installer to allow installation of the driver without OpenGL files that might conflict with already installed OpenGL implementations.
* Split the DFP configuration page in nvidia-settings into multiple tabs, allowing the controls to be displayed on smaller screens.