Downloader and installer for the nVidia driver package (304.22) (beta)
Installing these packages can take a long time. These packages will automatically download the NVIDIA driver (+-50MB) from
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64 or http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86 and save it in /usr/src.
The driver and libraries will be installed after the download.
The installer will install the nVidia files the Bumblebee way. The libraries will NOT interfere with any other libraries of a distribution and will be installed in a seperate nvidia directory. Usage will be controlled by editing the ld.so.conf(.d) and/or using the "ModulePath" var in xorg.conf.
You can also download the NVIDIA package yourself and copy it to the /usr/src directory. The installer will then skip the download part and just install the driver and libraries the Bumblebee way.
These rpms can be used by normal and Optimus enabled nVidia systems.
New in this release:
* Added support for the following GPUs:
GeForce GTX 680M
* Enhanced the functionality of the IncludeImplicitMetaModes X configuration option:
Implicit MetaModes will be added for the primary display device, even if multiple
display devices are in use when X is initialized.
Implicit MetaModes will be added for common resolutions, even if there isn't a mode
with that resolution in the mode pool of the display device.
Extended the syntax of the IncludeImplicitMetaModes X configuration option,
e.g., to control which display device is used for creation of implicit MetaModes.
See the description of the IncludeImplicitMetaModes X configuration option in the README
* Modified the handling of the RandR 1.0/1.1 requests RRGetScreenInfo and RRSetScreenConfig
(e.g., `xrandr -q --q1` and `xrandr --size ...` and `xrandr --orientation ...`) such that
they operate on MetaModes. This was the behavior in NVIDIA X driver versions 295.xx and
earlier, but 302.xx releases altered the handling of these RandR 1.0/1.1 requests to
operate on a single RandR output's modes.
* With the above changes to IncludeImplicitMetaModes and RandR 1.0/1.1 handling, fullscreen
applications (e.g., SDL-based applications, Wine), should have more resolutions available
to them, and should interact better with multiple monitor configurations.
* Fixed a bug that could cause G8x, G9x, and GT2xx GPUs to display a black screen or
corruption after waking up from suspend.
* Fixed several bugs that could cause some OpenGL programs to hang when calling fork(3).
* Fixed an nvidia-settings bug that caused the results of ProbeDisplays queries made with
the --display-device-string option to be formatted incorrectly.
* Improved the responsiveness of updates to the nvidia-settings control panel when displays
* Fixed a bug that caused display corruption when setting some transforms, especially when
panning a transformed display.
* Fixed a bug that caused extra RandR events to be generated the first time a display is
* Fixed a bug that caused X11 modelines with '@' in their names to be rejected.
* Added support for DisplayPort 1.2 branch devices, which allow multiple displays to be
connected to a single DisplayPort connector on a graphics board.
* Fixed a bug that caused most OpenGL texture uploads to be slow when the context was bound
rendering to an RGB overlay drawable.
* Fixed a bug that caused audio over HDMI to not work after restarting the X server on some
MCP7x (IGP) GPUs.
* Updated the X configuration option UseDisplayDevice to honor the value none on any GPU.
* Added support for DKMS in nvidia-installer. Installing the kernel module through DKMS allows
the module to be rebuilt automatically when changing to a different Linux kernel. See the
README and the nvidia-installer help text for the --dkms option.
* Added RandR output properties _ConnectorLocation, ConnectorNumber, ConnectorType, EDID, _GUID,
and SignalFormat. See the README for details on these properties.
* Extended support for Base Mosaic to all G80+ SLI configurations with up to three displays.
* Fixed a bug that caused some monitors to fail to wake from DPMS suspend mode when multiple
DisplayPort monitors were attached to one GPU.
* Removed controls for XVideo attributes from the "X Server XVideo Settings" page of the
nvidia-settings control panel. XVideo attributes can be configured in XVideo player applications,
or through utilities such as xvattr.
* Fixed a bug that caused all ports on an XVideo adaptor to share color correction settings.
* Removed support for the following X configuration options:
Similar control is available through the NVIDIA HorizSync and VertRefresh X configuration options.
Please see the NVIDIA driver README for details.
* Fixed a bug that prevented NVIDIA 3D Vision Pro from working properly when switching between
X servers on different VTs.