Downloader and installer for the nVidia driver package (304.51)
Installing these packages can take a long time. These packages will automatically download the NVIDIA driver (+-50MB) from
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64 or http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86 and save it in /usr/src.
The driver and libraries will be installed after the download.
The installer will install the nVidia files the Bumblebee way. The libraries will NOT interfere with any other libraries of a distribution and will be installed in a seperate nvidia directory. Usage will be controlled by editing the ld.so.conf(.d) and/or using the "ModulePath" var in xorg.conf.
You can also download the NVIDIA package yourself and copy it to the /usr/src directory. The installer will then skip the download part and just install the driver and libraries the Bumblebee way.
These rpms can be used by normal and Optimus enabled nVidia systems.
New in this release:
* Added support for the new Quadro Sync board for Quadro Kepler GPUs. See the
"Configuring Frame Lock and Genlock" chapter in the README for details.
* Fixed an X server crash on X.Org xserver 1.13 when it is compiled without support for DRI2.
* Fixed a regression that broke color controls on older X servers.
* Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the display layout area of the nvidia-settings
control panel to be laid out incorrectly.
* Fixed a bug that prevented panning from working correctly after a modeswitch on some
X servers with support for cursor constraining.
* Gamma ramp and colormap adjustments now apply correctly when screen transformations such as
rotation and keystone correction are in use.
* Fixed RandR per-CRTC gamma persistence across modeswitches and VT-switches.
* Fixed a bug that caused the X server to sometimes hang in response to input events.
* Fixed a reduction in rendering performance for core X11 rendering on certain GPUs that
occurred in the 290.series of releases.
* Fixed a bug that prevented PowerMizer from working correctly on some boards with GDDR5 memory,
such as some GeForce GT 240 SKUs.
* Fixed a bug that caused OpenGL applications to not animate properly when a rotation or
a transformation was applied on some older X server versions.
* Enabled FXAA with Unified Back Buffers.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the "Reset Hardware Defaults" button in the Display Settings page of
nvidia-settings from being activated.