Downloader and installer for the nVidia driver package (310.14)(beta)
Installing these packages can take a long time. These packages will automatically download the NVIDIA driver (+-50MB) from
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64 or http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86 and save it in /usr/src.
The driver and libraries will be installed after the download.
The installer will install the nVidia files the Bumblebee way. The libraries will NOT interfere with any other libraries of a distribution and will be installed in a seperate nvidia directory. Usage will be controlled by editing the ld.so.conf(.d) and/or using the "ModulePath" var in xorg.conf.
You can also download the NVIDIA package yourself and copy it to the /usr/src directory. The installer will then skip the download part and just install the driver and libraries the Bumblebee way.
These rpms can be used by normal and Optimus enabled nVidia systems.
New in this release:
* Implemented workarounds for two Adobe Flash bugs by applying libvdpau
commit ca9e637c61e80145f0625a590c91429db67d0a40 to the version of libvdpau shipped
with the NVIDIA driver.
* Fixed an issue which affected the performance of moving windows of VDPAU applications
when run in some composite managers.
* Added unofficial GLX protocol support (i.e., for GLX indirect rendering) for
the GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object OpenGL extension.
* Added support for HDMI 3D Stereo with Quadro Kepler and later GPUs. See the documentation
for the "Stereo" X configuration option in the README for details.
* Added experimental support for OpenGL threaded optimizations, available through
the __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS environment variable. For more information, please refer to
the "Threaded Optimizations" section in chapter "Specifying OpenGL Environment Variable
Settings" of the README.
* Improved performance and responsiveness of windowed OpenGL applications running
inside a Unity session.
* Added support for OpenGL 4.3.
* Added support for the "Backlight" RandR output property for configuring the brightness of
some notebook internal panels.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the Ubuntu Unity launcher panel from unhiding:
* Fixed a bug that caused nvidia-installer to sometimes attempt to write a log file in
a nonexistent directory.
* Fixed a bug that caused incorrect input transformation after resizing an NVIDIA X screen with
xserver ABI 12 (xorg-server 1.12) or newer.
* Fixed a bug that caused GLX to leak memory when Xinerama is enabled.