Downloader and installer for the nVidia driver package (313.09)(beta)
Installing these packages can take a long time. These packages will automatically download the NVIDIA driver (+-50MB) from
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64 or http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86 and save it in /usr/src.
The driver and libraries will be installed after the download.
The installer will install the nVidia files the Bumblebee way. The libraries will NOT interfere with any other libraries of a distribution and will be installed in a seperate nvidia directory. Usage will be controlled by editing the ld.so.conf(.d) and/or using the "ModulePath" var in xorg.conf.
You can also download the NVIDIA package yourself and copy it to the /usr/src directory. The installer will then skip the download part and just install the driver and libraries the Bumblebee way.
These rpms can be used by normal and Optimus enabled nVidia systems.
New in this release:
* Updated the NVIDIA X driver to reprobe displays when VT-switching to X, to allow
reporting of hotplug events when displays are connected or disconnected while
VT-switched away from X.
* Added unofficial GLX protocol support (i.e for GLX indirect rendering) for the following
extension and core commands.
OpenGL 3.0 commands ClearBufferfi, ClearBufferfv, ClearBufferiv, ClearBufferuiv and
* Fixed a bug that caused the cursor shadow to be clipped to 32x32 pixels, even on
Kepler GPUs that support a 256x256 cursor image.
* Fixed a bug that prevented some cursor image updates from taking effect on displays with
rotation or other transformations applied.
* Fixed cursor alpha blending artifacts on displays with rotation or other
* Added support for the GLX_EXT_buffer_age extension.
* Improved the performance of glDrawPixels() by up to 450% when the pixel data is of
* Fixed libnvidia-encode.so library dependency by linking it with libnvcuvid.so.1 instead of
libnvcuvid.so while creating it.
* Improved performance of OpenGL framebuffer object binds with Xinerama enabled by
2000-3000% when the application's windows do not span screen boundaries.
* Fix performance issues when using some versions of HyperMesh with Quadro GPUs.