Downloader and installer for the nVidia driver package (319.32)
Installing these packages can take a long time. These packages will automatically download the NVIDIA driver (+-70MB) from
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64 or http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86 and save it in /usr/src.
The driver and libraries will be installed after the download.
The installer will install the nVidia files the Bumblebee way. The libraries will NOT interfere with any other libraries of a distribution and will be installed in a seperate nvidia directory. Usage will be controlled by editing the ld.so.conf(.d) and/or using the "ModulePath" var in xorg.conf.
You can also download the NVIDIA package yourself and copy it to the /usr/src directory. The installer will then skip the download part and just install the driver and libraries the Bumblebee way.
These rpms can be used by normal and Optimus enabled nVidia systems.
New in this release:
- Update to 319.32
* Added support for the following GPU:
GeForce GTX 760
* Updated the nvidia-settings control panel to report more
detailed locking information.
* Fixed a bug that could cause the X server to crash after power-cycling
displays connected behind a DisplayPort 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport hub.
* Fixed a bug that could cause nvidia-settings to crash when switching
VTs after changing some settings.
* Updated the application profile syntax to allow for multiple patterns
within a single rule. See the README for details.
* Fixed a bug that caused OpenGL programs to crash when the
__GL_DOOM3 environment variable was set.
* Updated the NVIDIA driver to avoid calling fork(2) to execute the
nvidia-modprobe utility when not needed.
* Improved the error reporting of the nvidia-persistenced utility.
* Fixed a bug that could cause Altair HyperView to hang when rendering
animations with tensors.
* Fixed a performance regression in MEDINA 8.2.
* Fixed a bug that caused the OpenGL driver to hang sometimes when running
the SpeedTree Modeler application.
* Fixed a bug that could cause an OpenGL application to crash if it creates
and destroys multiple threads.
* Fixed a bug in nvidia-installer that could cause installation problems
when the value of the CC environment variable contained spaces,
e.g. CC="distcc gcc"
* Fixed a bug that caused corrupted window content in some cases when
moving GLX windows with antialiasing enabled.
* Fixed a bug that caused DisplayPort devices that failed link training
to be reported as connected rather than disconnected.
* Fixed a regression that could cause a DisplayPort device that was connected
to one connector to turn off when a DisplayPort device on a different
connector was connected or disconnected.
* On Kepler-based GPUs, improved the appearance of the tearing that occurs
when using RandR 1.4's Source Output capability.While tearing is still
expected, the tears should now appear as horizontal lines rather than
more noticeable checkerboard or triangular shapes.
* Added a "Prefer Consistent Performance" PowerMizer Mode to the
nvidia-settings control panel, available on Quadro boards that support