Downloader and installer for the nVidia driver package (319.49)
Installing these packages can take a long time. These packages will automatically download the NVIDIA driver (+-70MB) from
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64 or http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86 and save it in /usr/src.
The driver and libraries will be installed after the download.
The installer will install the nVidia files the Bumblebee way. The libraries will NOT interfere with any other libraries of a distribution and will be installed in a seperate nvidia directory. Usage will be controlled by editing the ld.so.conf(.d) and/or using the "ModulePath" var in xorg.conf.
You can also download the NVIDIA package yourself and copy it to the /usr/src directory. The installer will then skip the download part and just install the driver and libraries the Bumblebee way.
These rpms can be used by normal and Optimus enabled nVidia systems.
New in this release:
* Added support for the following GPUs:
GeForce GT 740A
GeForce GT 745A
GeForce GT 755M
GeForce GT 625
GeForce GTX 645
* Fixed a bug that caused DisplayPort monitors connected to
Quadro FX 3800, 4800, or 5800 to remain off after DPMS.
* Added the NVIDIA OpenGL-based Inband Frame Readback (NvIFROpenGL) library
to the Linux driver package. This library provides a high performance,
low latency interface to capture and optionally encode an individual OpenGL
framebuffer. NvIFROpenGL captures pixels rendered by OpenGL only and is
ideally suited to application capture and remoting.
* Fixed a bug that caused applications using CUDA-GL interop to crash when
run on X servers with Xinerama enabled.
* Fixed a bug that could prevent some double-bit ECC errors from being
* Fixed a bug which could cause a blank screen when changing house sync
settings on Quadro Kepler GPUs with Quadro Sync boards.
* Fixed a bug that prevented nested loops with identical loop conditions in
GLSL shaders from terminating correctly. This could cause hangs in
applications such as Exa PowerVIZ.
* Fixed a bug that resulted in corrupt texels when a previously empty texture
image was specified with glXBindTexImageEXT. In GNOME 3, this caused
gnome-screenshot to produce garbled window screenshots.
* Fixed a bug that caused the X server to crash when querying the current mode
of disabled displays.