Downloader and installer for the nVidia driver package (334.21)
Installing these packages can take a long time. These packages will automatically download the NVIDIA driver (+-70MB) from
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64 or http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86 and save it in /usr/src.
The driver and libraries will be installed after the download.
The installer will install the nVidia files the Bumblebee way. The libraries will NOT interfere with any other libraries of a distribution and will be installed in a seperate nvidia directory. Usage will be controlled by editing the ld.so.conf(.d) and/or using the "ModulePath" var in xorg.conf.
You can also download the NVIDIA package yourself and copy it to the /usr/src directory. The installer will then skip the download part and just install the driver and libraries the Bumblebee way.
These rpms can be used by normal and Optimus enabled nVidia systems.
New in this release:
- Update to 334.21
* Added support for the following GPUs:
GeForce GTX 750 Ti
GeForce GTX 750
GeForce GTX 745
GeForce GTX TITAN Black
GeForce GT 710
* Fixed a regression in the NVIDIA kernel module which caused it to
improperly dereference a userspace pointer. This potential security
issue was initially reported to the public at:
* The regression did not affect NVIDIA GPU drivers before release 334.
* Fixed a bug that could cause OpenGL programs to hang after calling fork(2).
* Fixed a bug that could cause a multi-threaded OpenGL application to
crash when one of its threads exits after the application has unloaded libGL.
* Added support for GPUs with VDPAU Feature Set E. See the README for details.
* On GPUs with VDPAU Feature Set E, VDPAU now supports more robust decode
error handling at the cost of a minor performance impact. This can be
disabled by setting the VDPAU_NVIDIA_DISABLE_ERROR_CONCEALMENT environment
variable to 1.
* Added support for application profile rule patterns which are logical
operations of subpatterns. See the README for details.
* Added support for a "findfile" application profile feature which allows
the driver to apply profiles based on matching files in the same directory
as the process executable. See the README for details.
* Fixed a bug that caused nvidia-installer to log the automatically selected
answers to some user prompts without logging the prompt text itself,
when running in silent mode.
* Improved performance of OpenGL applications when used in conjunction with
the X driver's composition pipeline. The composition pipeline may be
explicitly enabled by using the ForceCompositionPipeline or
ForceFullCompositionPipeline MetaMode options, or implicitly enabled when
certain features such as some XRandR transformations, rotation,
Warp & Blend, PRIME, and NvFBC are used.
* Fixed a bug that could cause nvidia-settings to crash or display
incorrect information after switching virtual terminals while a color
correction confirmation countdown was active.
* Improved compatibility with recent Linux kernels.