Downloader and installer for the nVidia driver package (355.06)(beta)
Installing these packages can take a long time. These packages will automatically download the NVIDIA driver (+-70MB) from
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64 or http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86 and save it in /usr/src.
The driver and libraries will be installed after the download.
The installer will install the nVidia files the Bumblebee way. The libraries will NOT interfere with any other libraries of a distribution and will be installed in a seperate nvidia directory. Usage will be controlled by editing the ld.so.conf(.d) and/or using the "ModulePath" var in xorg.conf.
You can also download the NVIDIA package yourself and copy it to the /usr/src directory. The installer will then skip the download part and just install the driver and libraries the Bumblebee way.
These rpms can be used by normal and Optimus enabled nVidia systems.
Tips and tricks
You can use the /usr/lib/nvidia/switch-libGL.sh or /usr/lib64/nvidia/switch-libGL.sh to force the use of the nVidia libGL* libraries.
This is only necessary if an application is compiled with hard linked library paths ( the rpath option was used ).
A better solution is to start the offending application with:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/nvidia:/usr/lib/nvidia/vdpau <application_name> [ <arguments> ]
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64/nvidia:/usr/lib64/nvidia/vdpau <application_name> [ <arguments> ]
and force the application to use the nVidia libs.
- Update to 352.30
* Fixed a bug that could cause data from one texture level to
overwrite data from the next lowest level, when creating a
texture view that did not include the higher of the two levels.
* Fixed a bug that could cause the nvidia-settings control panel to
crash when updating the display layout.
* Corrected some erroneous reporting of support for GLX extensions:
several extensions were being reported as supported for indirect
GLX, which were in fact only supported under direct rendering.
* Added support for the following EGL extensions:
* Replaced the build system for the NVIDIA kernel modules and
updated the installer package and nvidia-installer to use the new
build system and kernel module source code layout. For more
information about the new build system and layout, see the README
* Added experimental full OpenGL support to EGL.
* Marked the DeleteUnusedDP12Displays option as deprecated.
Version 1.5.0 of the X Resize and Rotate specification added a note
that dynamically-created outputs will not be destroyed, so this
option is deprecated and will be removed in a future driver release.
Added support for VDPAU profiles added in VDPAU 0.9:
* Fixed a bug that prevented more than one RandR output from sharing
* Fixed a bug that caused application-specified swap intervals to be
ignored on some screens when using Xinerama.
* Fixed a bug that caused user-supplied RandR modes with nonsensical
combinations of the +HSync, -HSync, +VSync, and -VSync flags to
corrupt the mode list.
* Added support to make an OpenGL 3.0 and above context current
without making current to any drawable.