Downloader and installer for the nVidia driver package (367.35) - does not work with bumblebee
Installing these packages can take a long time. These packages will automatically download the NVIDIA driver (+-70MB) from
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64 or http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86 and save it in /usr/src.
The driver and libraries will be installed after the download.
The installer will install the nVidia files the Bumblebee way. The libraries will NOT interfere with any other libraries of a distribution and will be installed in a seperate nvidia directory. Usage will be controlled by editing the ld.so.conf(.d) and/or using the "ModulePath" var in xorg.conf.
You can also download the NVIDIA package yourself and copy it to the /usr/src directory. The installer will then skip the download part and just install the driver and libraries the Bumblebee way.
These rpms can be used by normal and Optimus enabled nVidia systems.
Please be aware that recompiling the module by dkms can take several minutes depending on your system. Dkms will halt the start of the graphical system till compilation is finished.
Tips and tricks
You can use the /usr/lib/nvidia/switch-libGL.sh or /usr/lib64/nvidia/switch-libGL.sh to force the use of the nVidia libGL* libraries.
This is only necessary if an application is compiled with hard linked library paths ( the rpath option was used ).
A better solution is to start the offending application with:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/nvidia:/usr/lib/nvidia/vdpau <application_name> [ <arguments> ]
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64/nvidia:/usr/lib64/nvidia/vdpau <application_name> [ <arguments> ]
and force the application to use the nVidia libs.
- Use single DKMS instance for all the nVidia modules to
- Use the legacy GLX library
- Update to 367.35
* Fixed a regression that could cause console corruption
when resuming from suspend.
* Improved buffer write performance of the nvidia-drm
DRM KMS driver by using write-combined DRM Dumb Buffers
* Fixed a bug that caused X to crash when applying changes
to the RandR CscMatrix property while VT-switched away from X.
* Fixed a bug that caused a crash when exiting nvidia-settings
on displays with 8 or 15 bit color depths.
* Added support for VDPAU Feature Set H to the NVIDIA VDPAU
driver. GPUs with VDPAU Feature Set H are capable of
hardware-accelerated decoding of 8192x8192 (8k)
H.265/HEVC video streams.
* Fixed a bug that caused the X server to sometimes skip
displaying Vulkan frames when the Composite extension is
* Added support for querying clock values on Pascal GPUs.
* Removed the Base Mosaic configuration option from
nvidia-settings on systems where the feature is not
* Fixed a bug that caused nvidia-smi to report an inaccurate
* Fixed a bug that could lead to a system crash if there was
a peer-to-peer mapping still active during CUDA context
* Fixed a bug that prevented nvidia-bug-report.sh from
finding relevant messages in kernel log files.