Downloader and installer for the nVidia driver package (381.22)
Installing these packages can take a long time. These packages will automatically download the NVIDIA driver (+-70MB) from
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64 or http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86 and save it in /usr/src.
The driver and libraries will be installed after the download.
The installer will install the nVidia files the Bumblebee way. The libraries will NOT interfere with any other libraries of a distribution and will be installed in a seperate nvidia directory. Usage will be controlled by editing the ld.so.conf(.d) and/or using the "ModulePath" var in xorg.conf.
You can also download the NVIDIA package yourself and copy it to the /usr/src directory. The installer will then skip the download part and just install the driver and libraries the Bumblebee way.
These rpms can be used by normal and Optimus enabled nVidia systems.
Please be aware that recompiling the module by dkms can take several minutes depending on your system. Dkms will halt the start of the graphical system till compilation is finished.
Tips and tricks
You can use the /usr/lib/nvidia/switch-libGL.sh or /usr/lib64/nvidia/switch-libGL.sh to force the use of the nVidia libGL* libraries.
This is only necessary if an application is compiled with hard linked library paths ( the rpath option was used ).
A better solution is to start the offending application with:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/nvidia:/usr/lib/nvidia/vdpau <application_name> [ <arguments> ]
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64/nvidia:/usr/lib64/nvidia/vdpau <application_name> [ <arguments> ]
and force the application to use the nVidia libs.
- Use single DKMS instance for all the nVidia modules to
- Use the legacy GLX library
- Update to 381.22
Sat 10 Jun 19:47:00 CET 2017 - email@example.com
- Use the legacy GLX library
- Update to 381.09
* Added support for GeForce GT 1030
* Fixed a bug that caused the GLX_EXT_buffer_age buffer age
extension to return incorrect values for stereo drawables
when using passive stereo modes 5 through 9.
* Fixed a bug in Vulkan direct to display where DP1.2 monitors
were not being enumerated.
* Improved compatibility with recent kernels.
* Fixed a bug that caused "nvidia-settings --query all" to
print many duplicate entries.
* Fixed a bug that caused applications to crash in some
situations when calling glXMakeCurrent while OpenGL
threaded optimizations were enabled. This frequently
occurred when Steam was attempting to make a video appear
* Fixed a bug that caused VDPAU applications to use the blit
presentation queue when a previous VDPAU application
didn't shut down cleanly.
* Fixed hangs and crashes that could occur when an OpenGL
context is created while the system is out of available
* Fixed a bug that caused corruption when OpenGL windows
were moved or resized.
* Fixed a bug that caused X screens that use
Option "UseDisplayDevice" "none" to be resized to
640x480 when using "xrandr -s" to change the screen
* Fixed a kernel crash that occurred when attempting to
map large user memory allocations into CUDA.
* Disabled OpenGL threaded optimizations by default,
initially enabled in 378.09, due to various reports of
* Added support for the following Vulkan extensions:
VK_KHX_external_semaphore_fd These extensions
require a Vulkan loader version >= 1.0.42.
* Removed the X driver's logo splash screen and the
corresponding NoLogoand LogoPath xorg.conf options.
* Added the "ResamplingMethod" MetaMode option, adding
support for bicubic resampling methods when scaling screen
transformations are in use. See the README for more details.