Downloader and installer for the nVidia driver package (384.90)
Installing these packages can take a long time. These packages will automatically download the NVIDIA driver (+-70MB) from
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64 or http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86 and save it in /usr/src.
The driver and libraries will be installed after the download.
The installer will install the nVidia files the Bumblebee way. The libraries will NOT interfere with any other libraries of a distribution and will be installed in a seperate nvidia directory. Usage will be controlled by editing the ld.so.conf(.d) and/or using the "ModulePath" var in xorg.conf.
You can also download the NVIDIA package yourself and copy it to the /usr/src directory. The installer will then skip the download part and just install the driver and libraries the Bumblebee way.
These rpms can be used by normal and Optimus enabled nVidia systems.
Please be aware that recompiling the module by dkms can take several minutes depending on your system. Dkms will halt the start of the graphical system till compilation is finished.
Tips and tricks
You can use the /usr/lib/nvidia/switch-libGL.sh or /usr/lib64/nvidia/switch-libGL.sh to force the use of the nVidia libGL* libraries.
This is only necessary if an application is compiled with hard linked library paths ( the rpath option was used ).
A better solution is to start the offending application with:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/nvidia:/usr/lib/nvidia/vdpau <application_name> [ <arguments> ]
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64/nvidia:/usr/lib64/nvidia/vdpau <application_name> [ <arguments> ]
and force the application to use the nVidia libs.
- Use the legacy GLX library
- Update to 384.90
* Added support for the following GPU:
* Fixed a regression that caused display flickering at lower
PowerMizer performance levels on some GPUs.
* Fixed a regression that prevented console restoration after
a VT switch on some GPUs.
* Fixed a bug that could cause a system hang when resuming from
suspend with some GPUs.
* Fixed a bug that caused slow or stuttering frame rates in
applications that use GLX_EXT_swap_control_tear while
G-SYNC is active.
* Fixed a bug in the NVIDIA VDPAU driver that caused
VdpVideoSurfaceGetBitsYCbCr() of H.265/HEVC content to have
* Fixed a bug that caused the X driver to not correctly report
the "BlendOrder" MetaMode token when querying the MetaMode
through, e.g., `nvidia-settings --query CurrentMetaMode`.
* Fixed a bug that prevented nvidia-installer from displaying
a targeted error message when optional kernel modules fail
* Updated nvidia-installer to label kernel modules with SELinux
file type 'modules_object_t'. Some system SELinux policies only
permit loading of kernel modules with this SELinux file type.
* Removed support for checking for and downloading updated driver
packages and precompiled kernel interfaces from
nvidia-installer. This functionality was limited to unencrypted
ftp and http, and was implemented using code that is no longer