Downloader and installer for the nVidia driver package (430.09)(beta)
Downloader and installer for the nVidia driver package
Installing these packages can take a long time. These packages will automatically download the NVIDIA driver (+-70MB) from
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64 or http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86 and save it in /usr/src.
The driver and libraries will be installed after the download.
The installer will install the nVidia files the Bumblebee way. The libraries will NOT interfere with any other libraries of a distribution and will be installed in a seperate nvidia directory. Usage will be controlled by editing the ld.so.conf(.d) and/or using the "ModulePath" var in xorg.conf.
You can also download the NVIDIA package yourself and copy it to the /usr/src directory. The installer will then skip the download part and just install the driver and libraries the Bumblebee way.
These rpms can be used by normal and Optimus enabled nVidia systems.
Please be aware that recompiling the module by dkms can take several minutes depending on your system. Dkms will halt the start of the graphical system till compilation is finished.
Tips and tricks
- Update to 430.09
* Added support for the following GPU:
GeForce GTX 1650
GeForce GTX 1650 with Max-Q Design
GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design
* Fixed a bug that could cause the display to be driven at a low
resolution when configuring PRIME display offloading with
* Added HEVC YUV 4:4:4 decode support to the NVIDIA VDPAU driver.
* Added the new per-decoder profile capability bit
VDP_DECODER_PROFILE_SUPPORTED_CHROMA_TYPES to the NVIDIA
* Added new VdpYCbCrFormats VDP_YCBCR_FORMAT_Y_UV_444 and
VDP_YCBCR_FORMAT_Y_U_V_444 for accessing YUV 4:4:4 surfaces via
VdpVideoSurfaceGetBitsYCbCr() and VdpVideoSurfacePutBitsYCbCr()
in the NVIDIA VDPAU driver.
* Added support for creation of YUV 4:4:4 video surfaces in the
NVIDIA VDPAU driver.
* Raised the minimum supported X.Org xserver version to 1.7
(video driver ABI version 6).
* Updated the NVIDIA VDPAU driver to support allocating VDPAU
video surfaces with explicit field or frame picture structure.
* Added support for the GL_NV_vdpau_interop2 OpenGL extension,
which allows VDPAU/OpenGL surface sharing with explicit field
or frame picture structure. Picture structure selection by
applications can avoid the need for implicit surface structure
conversion by the OpenGL implementation.
* Updated nvidia-installer for better compatibility with ncurses
when libncurses.so.6 exposes the ncurses reentrant ABI, such
as on openSUSE Leap 15 and SUSE Linux Enterprise 15.