Tools to access CP/M file systems
This package allows to access CP/M file systems similar to the well-known mtools package, which accesses MSDOS file systems. I use it for file exchange with a Z80-PC simulator, but it works on floppy devices as well.
Currently it contains:
- cpmls - list sorted directory with output similar to ls, DIR, P2DOS DIR and CP/M3 DIR[FULL]
- cpmcp - copy files from and to CP/M file systems
- cpmrm - erase files from CP/M file systems
- cpmchmod - change file permissions
- cpmchattr - change file attributes
- mkfs.cpm - make a CP/M file system
- fsck.cpm - check and repair a CP/M file system (only simple errors can be repaired so far). Some images of broken file systems are provided for testing.
- fsed.cpm - view CP/M file system
- manual pages for everything including the CP/M file system format
All CP/M file system features are supported. Password protection is ignored, because passwords are easy to decrypt, but a pseudo file [passwd] contains them, if you are curious what your old password has been. The disk label is read as special file [label]. User numbers are specified as user:file.
There is support for old Robotron CP/M floppies like SCP 780/800 or SCP 624/640.