Utility for icon theme generationhttp://fedoraproject.org/
The icon-slicer is a utility for generating icon themes and libXcursor cursor
The inputs to icon-slicer are conceptually:
* A set of multi-layer images, one for each size. 2 A XML theme description
Each image contains all the cursors arranged in a grid; For cursors the layers
* A layer with a dot for the hotspot of each cursor
* The main image or first animation frame for multi-frame animated cursors
* The second animation frame for multi-frame animated cursors
For icons, the layers are:
* A layer with the images
* An optional layer with attachment points for emblems
* An optional layer with boxes for embedding text into icons.
In practice, since loading of multilayer images is not supported by standard
image libraries, each layer is input as a separate image file.
The theme description file contains, among other things, information about the
source images to read, the location of each named cursor or icon within the
grid, and a set of aliases from names to other names.