A Program for Compressing Files
The xz command is a very powerful program for compressing files.
* Average compression ratio of LZMA is about 30% better than that of
gzip, and 15% better than that of bzip2.
* Decompression speed is only little slower than that of gzip, being
two to five times faster than bzip2.
* In fast mode, compresses faster than bzip2 with a comparable
* Achieving the best compression ratios takes four to even twelve
times longer than with bzip2. However. this doesn't affect
* Very similar command line interface to what gzip and bzip2 have.
Source Files (show merged sources derived from linked package)
|_link||0000000142 142 Bytes||over 1 year|
|baselibs.conf||0000000091 91 Bytes||almost 8 years|
|xz-5.2.3.tar.gz||0001490665 1.42 MB||over 2 years|
|xz-5.2.3.tar.gz.sig||0000000565 565 Bytes||over 2 years|
|xz.changes||0000019907 19.4 KB||about 2 years|
|xz.keyring||0000003239 3.16 KB||almost 6 years|
|xz.spec||0000005734 5.6 KB||about 2 years|
|xznew||0000004671 4.56 KB||over 3 years|
|xznew.1||0000000954 954 Bytes||over 3 years|