A multi-threaded and multi-platform Qt pdf viewer with clean interface and small footprint.
Suitable for reading, extraction of images/text and presentations.
The currently supported features are:
* Text and image extraction with adjustable rectangle
* State preservation (size, zoom, position in the document)
* Recent files history.
* Autoreloading on pdf update, except deletion (useful when writing in (la)tex).
* Presentation and fullscreen modes.
* Basic pixmap caching. Helps considerably in the presentation mode.
* All options are configurable.
It grew out of a struggle with 2 major issues:
* Okular's tendency to abuse xorg pixmaps can bring any machine to a crawl when a bunch of big documents are open for half a day. Xpdf, evince and others felt either too clumsy or just not very handy for heavy extended use.
* The integrated pdf viewer on the Nokia N900 phone does not render many documents, especially ones containing formulas and produced with pdflatex. This is a serious flaw for scientists.