Squid Version 3.2 WWW Proxy Server
Squid is a caching proxy for the Web supporting HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, and more. It reduces bandwidth and improves response times by caching and reusing frequently-requested web pages. Squid has extensive access controls and makes a great server accelerator.
Squid 3.2 represents a new feature release above 3.1.
The most important of these new features are:
* CVE-2009-0801 : NAT interception vulnerability to malicious clients.
* NCSA helper DES algorithm password limits
* SMP scalability
* Helper Multiplexer and On-Demand
* Helper Name Changes
* Multi-Lingual manuals
* Solaris 10 pthreads Support
* Surrogate/1.0 protocol extensions to HTTP
* Logging Infrastructure Updated
* Client Bandwidth Limits
* Better eCAP support
* Cache Manager access changes
First STABLE release Date: 02 Aug 2010
Latest Release: 3.2.2
Latest Release Date: 05 Oct 2012