Linux floppy utilities
This package contains utilities for formatting extra capacity disks, automatic floppy disk mounting and unmounting, etc.
The package includes the following items:
- superformat: formats high capacity disks (up to 1992k for high density disks or up to 3984k for extra density disks);
- fdmount: automatically mounts/unmounts disks when they are inserted/removed;
- xdfcopy: formats, reads and writes OS/2's XDF disks;
- MAKEFLOPPIES: creates the floppy devices in /dev;
- getfdprm: prints the current disk geometry (number of sectors, track and heads etc.);
- setfdprm: sets the current disk geometry;
- fdrawcmd: sends raw commands to the floppy driver;
- floppycontrol: configures the floppy driver;
- general documentation about the floppy driver.
Note that these utilities do not work for USB floppy drives, because these do not allow direct access to the floppy controller.
There is support for old Robotron CP/M floppies like SCP 780/800 or SCP 624/640.