The CatPBX Endpoint Configurator is a complete rewrite and reimplementation of
the catpbx-pbx module known as the Endpoint Configurator. This rewrite
addresses several known design flaws in the old Endpoint Configurator and should
eventually be integrated as the new standard configurator in catpbx-pbx.
- Supports assignment of multiple accounts to a single endpoint.
- Automatic model detection implemented for most supported manufacturers.
- Improved user interface written with Ember.js.
- Network parameters can be updated onscreen in addition to being uploaded.
- Endpoint network scan is cancellable.
- The configuration of every endpoint is executed in parallel, considerably
shortening the potential wait until all endpoints are configured.
- A log of the actual endpoint configuration can be displayed for diagnostics.
- Supports two additional download formats in addition to the download format of
the old endpoint configurator - required for multiple account support.
- Custom properties can be assigned to the endpoint and per account, until GUI
support is properly added.
- Can be installed alongside the old endpoint configurator.
- For supported phones, the module provides an HTTP resource to serve remote
services, such as a phonebook browser, for better integration with CatPBX.
- The architecture of the module is plugin-friendly. Each vendor implementation
(written in Python) has been completely encapsulated and no vendor-specific
logic remains in the module core itself. To add a new vendor, it is enough to
write a new implementation class in Python, add new templates if necessary,
and add database records for MACs. Patching of the core is no longer required.
- Foundation for replacing the standard configurator dialog with a
vendor-specific one (not yet used).