Patched version of GNU dd for use in computer forensics
dc3dd is a patched version of GNU dd to include a number of features useful
for computer forensics. Many of these features were inspired by dcfldd, but
were rewritten for dc3dd.
* Pattern writes. The program can write a single hexadecimal value or a
text string to the output device for wiping purposes.
* Piecewise and overall hashing with multiple algorithms and variable
size windows. Supports MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, and SHA-512. Hashes can be
computed before or after conversions are made.
* Progress meter with automatic input/output file size probing
* Combined log for hashes and errors
* Error grouping. Produces one error message for identical sequential
* Verify mode. Able to repeat any transformations done to the input
file and compare it to an output.
* Ability to split the output into chunks with numerical or alphabetic