Update for ImageMagick, ImageMagick.256, Mozilla... security
The openSUSE 11.4 kernel was updated to 188.8.131.52 fixing
lots of bugs and security issues.
Following security issues have been fixed: CVE-2011-1833:
Added a kernel option to ensure ecryptfs is mounting only
on paths belonging to the current ui, which would have
allowed local attackers to potentially gain privileges via
CVE-2011-2695: Multiple off-by-one errors in the ext4
subsystem in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause
a denial of service (BUG_ON and system crash) by accessing
a sparse file in extent format with a write operation
involving a block number corresponding to the largest
possible 32-bit unsigned integer.
CVE-2011-3363: Always check the path in CIFS mounts to
avoid interesting filesystem path interaction issues and
CVE-2011-2918: In the perf framework software event
overflows could deadlock or delete an uninitialized timer.
CVE-2011-3353: In the fuse filesystem,
FUSE_NOTIFY_INVAL_ENTRY did not check the length of the
write so the message processing could overrun and result in
a BUG_ON() in fuse_copy_fill(). This flaw could be used by
local users able to mount FUSE filesystems to crash the
CVE-2011-2183: Fixed a race between ksmd and other memory
management code, which could result in a NULL ptr
dereference and kernel crash.
CVE-2011-3191: A signedness issue in CIFS could possibly
have lead to to memory corruption, if a malicious server
could send crafted replies to the host.
CVE-2011-1776: The is_gpt_valid function in
fs/partitions/efi.c in the Linux kernel did not check the
size of an Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) GUID
Partition Table (GPT) entry, which allowed physically
proximate attackers to cause a denial of service
(heap-based buffer overflow and OOPS) or obtain sensitive
information from kernel heap memory by connecting a crafted
GPT storage device, a different vulnerability than
Following non-security bugs were fixed:
- novfs: Unable to change password in the Novell Client for
- novfs: last modification time not reliable (bnc#642896).
- novfs: unlink directory after unmap (bnc#649625).
- fs: novfs: Fix exit handlers on local_unlink (bnc#649625).
- novfs: "Unable to save Login Script" appears when trying
to save a user login script (bnc#638985).
- fs: novfs: Limit check for datacopy between user and
- novfs: Fix checking of login id (bnc#626119).
- novfs: Set the sticky bit for the novfs mountpoint
- ACPICA: Fix issues/fault with automatic "serialized"
method support (bnc#678097).
- drm/radeon/kms: Fix I2C mask definitions (bnc#712023).
- ext4: Fix max file size and logical block counting of
extent format file (bnc#706374).
- novfs: fix off-by-one allocation error (bnc#669378
- novfs: fix some kmalloc/kfree issues (bnc#669378
- novfs: fix some DirCache locking issues (bnc#669378
- memsw: remove noswapaccount kernel parameter (bnc#719450).
- Provide memory controller swap extension. Keep the
feature disabled by default. Use swapaccount=1 kernel
boot parameter for enabling it.
- Config cleanups: CONFIG_OLPC should be enabled only for
i386 non PAE
- TTY: pty, fix pty counting (bnc#711203).
- USB: OHCI: fix another regression for NVIDIA controllers
- xen/blkfront: avoid NULL de-reference in CDROM ioctl
- x86, mtrr: lock stop machine during MTRR rendezvous
- Submitted by Adrian Schröter (adrianSuSE)
- Version 5359