Downloader and installer for the nVidia driver package (304.60)
Installing these packages can take a long time. These packages will automatically download the NVIDIA driver (+-50MB) from
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64 or http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86 and save it in /usr/src.
The driver and libraries will be installed after the download.
The installer will install the nVidia files the Bumblebee way. The libraries will NOT interfere with any other libraries of a distribution and will be installed in a seperate nvidia directory. Usage will be controlled by editing the ld.so.conf(.d) and/or using the "ModulePath" var in xorg.conf.
You can also download the NVIDIA package yourself and copy it to the /usr/src directory. The installer will then skip the download part and just install the driver and libraries the Bumblebee way.
These rpms can be used by normal and Optimus enabled nVidia systems.
New in this release:
* Fixed a bug that caused the X server to crash if a display was put into DPMS off mode and
subsequently reenabled while screen transformations are in use.
* Fixed a bug that caused the X Resize and Rotate extension to be enabled when Xinerama is
enabled. These two X extensions are incompatible and having them both enabled can confuse
window managers such as KDE's kwin. RandR is now correctly disabled when Xinerama is enabled.
* Fixed a bug causing OpenGL stereo applications to not work properly when using passive stereo
modes 5 through 9 on Quadro Fermi and newer GPUs.
* Updated nvidia-settings to report Dedicated GPU Memory (i.e., the memory dedicated exclusively
to the GPU) and Total GPU Memory (i.e., Dedicated GPU Memory plus any TurboCache(TM)-accessible
system memory) separately on the GPU information page.
* Added reporting of the current utilization of Dedicated GPU Memory to the GPU information page of
* Added support for the "Backlight" RandR output property for configuring the brightness of
some notebook internal panels.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the Ubuntu Unity launcher panel from unhiding:
* Fixed a bug that caused nvidia-installer to sometimes attempt to write a log file in a
* Fixed a bug that caused incorrect input transformation after resizing an NVIDIA X screen with
xserver ABI 12 (xorg-server 1.12) or newer.
* Fixed a bug that caused GLX to leak memory when Xinerama is enabled.