Downloader and installer for the nVidia driver package (310.19)
Installing these packages can take a long time. These packages will automatically download the NVIDIA driver (+-50MB) from
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64 or http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86 and save it in /usr/src.
The driver and libraries will be installed after the download.
The installer will install the nVidia files the Bumblebee way. The libraries will NOT interfere with any other libraries of a distribution and will be installed in a seperate nvidia directory. Usage will be controlled by editing the ld.so.conf(.d) and/or using the "ModulePath" var in xorg.conf.
You can also download the NVIDIA package yourself and copy it to the /usr/src directory. The installer will then skip the download part and just install the driver and libraries the Bumblebee way.
These rpms can be used by normal and Optimus enabled nVidia systems.
New in this release:
* Added support for OpenGL 4.3.
* Added a new X configuration option, "UseHotplugEvents", to allow the suppression of
RandR events when adding or removing non-DisplayPort displays. See the "X Config Options"
appendix of the README for details.
* Added support for configuring stereo in nvidia-settings when stereo is enabled in
the X configuration file.
* Added support for configuring the ViewPortIn and ViewPortOut for display devices in
* Fixed metamode bookkeeping when modifying the display configuration in
the "X Server Display Configuration" page of nvidia-settings.
* Added support for configuring rotation and reflection per display device in
* Implemented workarounds for two Adobe Flash bugs by applying libvdpau
commit ca9e637c61e80145f0625a590c91429db67d0a40 to the version of libvdpau shipped with
the NVIDIA driver.
* Fixed an issue which affected the performance of moving windows of VDPAU applications when
run in some composite managers.
* Added unofficial GLX protocol support (i.e., for GLX indirect rendering) for
the GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object OpenGL extension.
* Added support for HDMI 3D Stereo with Quadro Kepler and later GPUs. See the documentation for
the "Stereo" X configuration option in the README for details.
* Added experimental support for OpenGL threaded optimizations, available through
the __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS environment variable. For more information, please refer to
the "Threaded Optimizations" section in chapter "Specifying OpenGL Environment Variable Settings"
of the README.
* Improved performance and responsiveness of windowed OpenGL applications running inside
a Unity session.