Downloader and installer for the nVidia driver package (325.08)(beta)
Installing these packages can take a long time. These packages will automatically download the NVIDIA driver (+-70MB) from
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64 or http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86 and save it in /usr/src.
The driver and libraries will be installed after the download.
The installer will install the nVidia files the Bumblebee way. The libraries will NOT interfere with any other libraries of a distribution and will be installed in a seperate nvidia directory. Usage will be controlled by editing the ld.so.conf(.d) and/or using the "ModulePath" var in xorg.conf.
You can also download the NVIDIA package yourself and copy it to the /usr/src directory. The installer will then skip the download part and just install the driver and libraries the Bumblebee way.
These rpms can be used by normal and Optimus enabled nVidia systems.
New in this release:
- Update to 325.08
* Fixed a bug that could cause display flickering after
setting some scaling configurations.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the status bar on the
"PowerMizer" and "X Server XVideo Settings" pages in the
nvidia-settings control panel from being updated when settings
were changed by another NV-CONTROL client.
* Fixed a bug that could cause some UI elements to be duplicated
in the nvidia-settings control panel following a VT switch on
X server configurations with multiple NVIDIA X screens.
* Changed the default PCIe interrupt delivery method from
virtual-wire to MSI. Note that if the NVIDIA Linux driver fails to
initialize with an error indicating that it is not receiving interrupts,
MSI can be disabled by setting the module parameter "NVreg_EnableMSI=0" when
loading the NVIDIA kernel module.
* Removed support for Linux 2.4 kernels. The NVIDIA Linux driver now
requires Linux 2.6.9 or later.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the creation of a mode via RandR with the same
name as a previously created mode, even after the previous mode had been deleted.
* Fixed a bug in nvidia-settings that caused GTK+ theme colors to be ignored
for some UI elements.
* Fixed a bug that caused nvidia-settings to write hostname-based color
correction settings to the .nvidia-settings-rc configuration file,
even when the "Include X Display Names in the Config File" option was unset.
This could lead to a long delay when starting nvidia-settings, if a hostname
saved to the configuration file failed to resolve.
* Fixed a bug that exposed edge overlap controls on the SLI Mosaic page of
nvidia-settings on edges where overlap was impossible.
* Fixed a bug that caused some settings in the nvidia-settings control panel to
be reset when reprobing displays.
* Fixed a bug that could cause OpenGL applications that use
Frame Buffer Objects (FBOs) to crash following a mode switch
(e.g. changing the resolution of a display or transforming it).
* Fixed a memory leak that could be triggered by unloading libGL before
destroying all GLX contexts.
* Fixed a bug that could cause color correction settings to be applied to
the wrong display when multiple displays are unplugged and then plugged
back in again.
* Fixed a bug that could cause a spurious error message about a missing
NV-GLX extension when performing indirect rendering from a GLX client with
the NVIDIA client-side OpenGL libraries to a non-NVIDIA GLX server.
* Fixed an OpenGL bug that prevented conditional rendering from the
NV_conditional_render extension from correctly affecting CopyPixels.
* Improved the rendering performance of complex gradients.
* Added support for configuring SLI Mosaic and Base Mosaic in the
"X Server Display Configuration" page of nvidia-settings.
* Updated nvidia-installer to look for the following files:
* These files may be provided by NVIDIA driver installers other than the
official .run package maintained by NVIDIA, to alert nvidia-installer
to the presence or availability of an alternative installation method.
See the nvidia-installer(1) manual page for more information.
* Fixed an X driver bug where the RandR CRTC panning area and tracking area
were not getting clamped to the current X screen size when the RandR CRTC
transitioned from disabled to enabled.
* Fixed an X driver bug where successful RandR X_RRSetScreenConfig requests
would update the server's RandR 'lastSetTime' too far, potentially causing
subsequent RandR requests to be unnecessarily rejected.
* Fixed an X driver bug that caused GPUs to become inaccessible via the
NV-CONTROL X extension when no corresponding X screens could be initialized.
* Generate a BadMatch error when applications attempt to create GLX pixmaps
using glXCreatePixmap() or glXCreateGLXPixmapWithConfigSGIX() and the pixmap's
depth doesn't match that of the specified GLXFBConfig.
* Updated nvidia-settings to explicitly specify the direction of rotation for
configuring per-display rotation configuration.
* Honor a GPU UUID as the GPU qualifier for X configuration options that allow
GPU qualifiers (e.g. "MetaModes").
* Report GPU UUIDs in the X log when verbose logging is enabled in the X server.
* Enabled conformant glBlitFrameBuffer() scissor test behavior by default.
A driver-provided application profile enables the previous non-conformant
behavior for applications that load libcogl, to work around a bug in older
versions of libcogl.
* Application profiles can be added to enable the non-conformant behavior
for other applications that depend upon it. See the "Known Issues" section of
the README for more details.
* Fixed a bug that caused the X server to crash when querying the current mode
of disabled displays.