Downloader and installer for the nVidia driver package (331.89)
Installing these packages can take a long time. These packages will automatically download the NVIDIA driver (+-70MB) from
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64 or http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86 and save it in /usr/src.
The driver and libraries will be installed after the download.
The installer will install the nVidia files the Bumblebee way. The libraries will NOT interfere with any other libraries of a distribution and will be installed in a seperate nvidia directory. Usage will be controlled by editing the ld.so.conf(.d) and/or using the "ModulePath" var in xorg.conf.
You can also download the NVIDIA package yourself and copy it to the /usr/src directory. The installer will then skip the download part and just install the driver and libraries the Bumblebee way.
These rpms can be used by normal and Optimus enabled nVidia systems.
New in this release:
- Update to 331.89
* Added support for the following GPU:
GeForce GT 730
* Fixed a race condition in the NVIDIA kernel module that caused some GPUs to
sporadically become unresponsive.
* Updated the error reporting in the NVIDIA kernel module to include the GPU
serial number, when available, in error messages written to the system log.
* Fixed a bug that caused blank screens when transforming or rotating displays
in an SLI Mosaic layout.
* Fixed a bug that corrupted certain software rendering on 32-bit systems.